Alhamdulillah, God permits me to see another dark side of a silat practitioner, and it is beyond my wildest imagination. Before this, I have met a few and only hear the story about negative people who practice silat.
The list of this kind of bad personalities is shamefully long.
I believe that when Islam, Iman and Ihsan is put aside, everything that is practiced would somehow go out of the right track. In silat, Islam, Iman and Ihsan are all ingredients that build one’s akhlak (manner) to the perfection.
If a school of silat or a teacher brings you closer to the God using the path of prophet Muhammad SAW, then you are on the right path. On the other hand, if by practicing silat allows you to do bad things, then better find other one. If you are already a teacher or a master, nobody will bother to correct you unless you are humble to change. Then with God will, He would find ways to teach you.
- If you are a Master but your akhlak is bad, you are nothing.
- If you have wealth but you akhlak is bad, you are nothing.
- If you have the fame but your akhlak is bad, you are nothing.
- If you look ‘religous’ but your akhlak is bad, you are nothing.
- If you are a great warrior but your akhlak is bad, you are nothing.
- If you ‘look good’ but you are actually hypocrite, you are nothing.
- The list goes on..
- However, if you have the akhlak, you actually have everything.