belatianakrimau said (May 11, 2009 at 2:32 am)
Keris mana ada boleh berdiri dgn sendiri ataupun terbang semua guna pakai jin atau dampingan, syirik jgn cuba atau belajar. Kalau nak belajar main keris kena belajar dari bawah, tangan kosong baru naik kesenjata tak bole belajar senjata saja nanti bila senjata tiada ditangan tak tau nak beladiri sendiri nanti mati. Kalau nak belajar sila la ke Petaling Jaya dekat digital mall Seksyen 14, sebelah Bakers Cottage , Jak Othman marital arts studio, PENCAK SENI SILAT HARIMAU BERANTAI, permainan tangan kosong, seni belati, keris, kerambit, tekpi, sundang jawa dll. Sila lihat youtube seni belati itu la guru saya Jak Othman( pengarah siri dokumentari MAHAGURU ).
My response to this comment:
- Keris can stand on its own, with the right techniques and concentration. From the science aspect, the way a keris is designed enables it to stand with the help of the sheath or not, on its tip or hilt, as long as the person knows how to do it. It can fly as well, if God permits so. It may has genie or something but they don’t have anything (power etc.), except with the will of the God.
- Talking about syrik, one needs to be extra careful.. If you believe that you can do this and that without relying on the God, you have already in a big trouble. Even food or medicine can make you become syirik. They don’t have any power, except with the will of God. The same goes to keris.
- I do agree with you that a beginner needs some foundation before they move on playing with weapons. However, we can’t definitely say that a person cannot learn playing with weapons before they learn to fight barehanded. Some school of martial arts teach their students using the weapon first. Once they have matured in the techniques learned or with the philosophy of their schools, they can do anything even without using any weapon except for avoiding death. We can’t stop the death because it was written even before we were born. They have their own way to fight even without using any weapon. We can’t judge them if know nothing about them. Respecting others is one of the important part of martial art.
- I know the place but haven’t gone to give a visit to the gym yet. I was told that Guru Jak Othman was once study the same discipline as I do now, Silat Gayong Malaysia/Pusaka/Warisan. Of couse his level is lot higher than mine, as he is from the earlier generation of the Gayong practitioner. huhuhu..
- If your intention is to advertise the school, thank you. I would prefer learning something pure, where I know where is the origin of the silat (sanad) that I learn. Although some may say that it is traditional, or something. I have my reasons for that.
Wallahu’alam.. Please correct me if I am wrong..